Updated: 07/24/2020 – 18:25
Chicken Soup with Coconut Milk: Tom Kha Gai
Chicken soup always works. But if you want to immerse yourself in exotic worlds of pleasure instead of classic home cooking, then you should definitely try this delicious soup from Thailand: Tom Kha Gai.
This is how it is done:
- Wash the chili first and then cut it into rings. Rinse them again under running water and remove the seeds. Remove the outer leaves from the lemongrass, clean them and cut them in half lengthwise. Galangal wash and then cut into pieces. Pick cilantro, rinse and shake well to dry. Then pluck the leaves and set them aside. save stems.
- Pat the chicken breast fillet dry and cut into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix the coconut milk, 750ml of water and 1 tablespoon of chicken broth and bring to a boil. Add part cayenne pepper, lemon peel, galangal, coriander stalks, kaffir lime leaves and shredded chicken, simmer for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, clean the mushrooms and cut them into slices, then add them to the soup. Cook for another five minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and season with the soup, fish sauce, salt, pepper and a little sugar if needed.
- Before serving, remove lemongrass, galangal, coriander, and kaffir lime leaves from the soup. Garnish the soup with fresh coriander and the rest of the chili rings – and serve!
advice: You can also add other vegetables to the recipe. Bean sprouts, ground pepper, and cherry tomatoes, for example, go well, too. And if you prefer a vegetarian option, you can omit the chicken or replace it with pre-fried tofu.
Especially in the middle of summer, when the urge to travel is great but vacation is not possible, people like to enjoy some holiday feeling in their dishes with delicious international recipes. our Tom Ka Gai’s recipe Cooking takes you to Thailand – one of the favorite travel destinations for Germans. If you want to get acquainted with more recipes from the Far East, then you should definitely browse our photo gallery. There is a lot to discover:
The positive side effect of this exotic chicken soup with coconut milk is not to mention: the soup is not only incomparably delicious, it is also suitable for low-carb nutrition with only 8g of carbohydrates per serving. Very ideal if you are on a diet. You can also find other great soup recipes on our comprehensive topics page.