In Savoy cabbage soup, you can prepare a delicious local type of cabbage. We present two uncomplicated recipes for soup with Savoy cabbage – a classic version and a delicious preparation with tofu and ginger.
to June until November You get fresh Savoy cabbage in Germany. Cabbage is also available from storage until April.
with many vitaminsAnd the metal And the Antioxidants Savoy cabbage is very healthy. You can prepare delicious cabbage in many different ways, for example Savoy cabbage chips. But it also tastes good when used in soup. Below you will find a basic recipe for Savoy cabbage soup and a great variation with smoked tofu and ginger.
DIY Savoy cabbage soup: a basic recipe
For 4 large servings of Savoy cabbage soup you need the following Ingredients:
to me Prepare You need about an hour. The net preparation time is about 30 minutes, in the remaining 30 minutes the soup should be cooked:
- Clean the Savoy cabbage and cut it in half. Remove the stem and then cut the savoy into pieces.
- onion peel and Cut it into cubes.
- Wash the carrots and remove the ends. Then cut it into cubes or slices.
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into small pieces as well.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan and fry the chopped onions for 2-3 minutes.
- Put the Savoy cabbage in the pot and fry for a few minutes as well.
- Sweeten with vegetable broth.
- Add carrots and potatoes to the pot.
- Season Savoy Cabbage Soup with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Cover the soup and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Hearty cabbage soup with ginger
the following Ingredients This results in four large servings of Savoy cabbage soup:
- 1 head of cabbage
- 2 red onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 carrots
- 4 Potato
- Thumb size one piece Ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1.5 liters vegetable broth
- 150g smoked tofu
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- caraway seeds
You should plan about an hour to prepare the soup:
- Cut the Savoy cabbage in half and remove the stem. Then cut it into small pieces.
- Peel onions and garlic. Cut the onion into cubes and chop the garlic finely.
- Wash the carrots and potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Peel and grate the ginger. Note: you need Don’t peel the gingerif it comes from organic farming.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large enough saucepan.
- Saute onion, garlic and ginger for a few minutes.
- Put the cabbage, carrots and potatoes in the pot.
- After 2-3 minutes, remove the vegetables with vegetable broth.
- Cover the soup and let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cut smoked tofu into small cubes.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a frying pan and pour the tofu into it.
- Season the soup with mustard, cumin, salt and pepper and let simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Add smoked tofu before the end of the cooking time.
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thank you for voting!