Ribolita is an Italian specialty that does not contain any animal products. Now read where vegetable soup comes from and how you can prepare it.
Italian Ribulita Ingredients
Ribolita is a vegetable soup that has its roots in Tuscany. This soup was originally intended to consume the remainder of the previous day. A special feature of Ribollita is that the soup bowl is covered with old slices of bread, which can be recycled in this way.
You need the following ingredients for 4 servings of Ribulita:
- 250 grams of white beans
- 1 liter water
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 200g carrots
- 100 grams of potatoes
- 250 grams of Savoy cabbage
- 1 stick of celery
- 200 grams tomato
- 600 ml vegetable broth
- salt and black pepper
- 1 ciabatta
Buy your Ribollita ingredients at Organic Quality. So you can be sure that the products do not contain any artificial substances Insecticides are included. Instead of buying them at the supermarket, it is worth visiting your local organic store or market. This way you are supporting the regional service providers.
Make your own Ribulita: this is how you succeed
Plan about 40 minutes to prepare the riboleta. However, the beans should be soaked the night before. This is how to cook riboletta step by step:
- Soak the beans in a bowl filled with water overnight.
- Boil the white beans For about an hour over a low heat until soft.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop both into small pieces.
- Fry onions and garlic with a little olive oil.
- Wash the thyme, shake it to dry and pluck the leaves.
- Add thyme leaves to the pot.
- Peel Carrots Potatoes and cut into cubes.
- Clean the cabbage, celery and tomatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Give carrots, potatoes, Savoy cabbage, celery and Tomatoes Also in the saucepan and let everything simmer for another 10 minutes until the Savoy cabbage is crumbling.
- Sweeten the soup with vegetable broth and simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Mix half of the legume and add both the mashed and unmashed beans to the remaining vegetable soup and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Season the ribolita with salt and pepper.
- Place 1-2 slices of dried bread on each plate and serve the finished ribolita on top.
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thank you for voting!