In addition to peas, beans, and peanuts, lentils are also a healthy legume. They are rich in nutrients such as protein and iron. For this reason, they are ideal for those who do not eat meat. Additionally, lentils are gluten-free. This aromatic lentil soup is a healthy blend of vegetables and legumes. It makes a nutritious and delicious dish, especially for vegetarians and people with celiac disease.
Ingredients (for six servings)
- 200 grams of red lentils
- 3 islands
- 4 small potatoes or 2 large potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil for frying
- 1.5 liters of boiling water
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 0.5 tsp thyme
- 0.5 teaspoon mountain salt
- 0.5 tsp thyme
Kitchen utensils and utensils
- cutting board
- vegetable peeler
- a knife
- big bowl
- spoon or something mixed with it
- Hand mixer or blender
1. Peel and wash the vegetables. Cut the carrots and potatoes into cubes. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
2. Wash the lenses well under running water.
3. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Saute chopped onions with garlic cloves in a pan for 2 minutes.
4. Add tomato paste and fry for another 2 minutes.
5. Add the carrots, potatoes and lentils and mix all the ingredients together.
6. Remove it with boiling water and leave it on medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes until the lentils and vegetables are tender.
7. Puree it with a hand mixer and add all the spices. Taste and season if necessary.
8. Warm up with a bun or slice of bread.
advice: If you like it particularly spicy, you can season lentil soup with dark soy sauce.