Soup is often underestimated. Completely wrong in my opinion. My Chicken Soup tastes great, fills you up and ensures success with everyone! Here comes a simple recipe.
I don’t know what it’s like in your house – but it’s like this here: my friend tears his hair at the word “soup” and would like to run for his life, far, far away. Hence I always remember that soup wasn’t one of my favorite dishes in the past either. At that time, when I came home from school and my mother announced that there was soup, she probably had to put up with a stunned look.
And just as he was with me and my mother at the time, he is with me and my friend now. In fact, he is not a fan of soup at all. And I say actually – because I managed to impress him with chicken soup. So much so that the soup pot ended up empty before I could even look.
Especially on cold days, soup is simply good and warms the body and soul. It’s tasty and delicious and there’s plenty to chew on: pasta, chicken, carrots, and plenty of other veggies, so it’s definitely a complete meal.
If you also want to impress your partner or family with the delicious taste of soup, then you should definitely try my quick chicken soup recipe.
Chicken Noodle Soup: an easy recipe
I love to cook chicken soup not only because it tastes so great, but also because it’s so easy. The soup basically cooks itself. All you have to do is chop the vegetables and peek at the cooking pot every now and then. By the way, chicken soup is also a real miracle cure for colds. It is very healthy and useful.
what do you need:
For about 4 people
- 500gm chicken thighs or thighs
- 1 handful vegetable broth (carrots, celery, leeks, cauliflower)
- 1 onion
- 2-3 cubes of vegetable broth (or powder)
- 200gm noodle soup
- a little salt
This is how it works:
1. Wash the chicken thighs and put them in a large saucepan (here on Amazon)*. Fill the saucepan at least half with water so that the chicken thighs are completely covered. Put some salt and peeled onion in the saucepan and simmer with the lid half closed over low heat for 30-40 minutes. Remove the foam between them. After half an hour of cooking, the onions can be removed.
2. Depending on how much water is lost during cooking, some (warm) water can now be added. Then peel the vegetables and cut them into small pieces and add them to the chicken. If you do not like chopping vegetables in the soup, do not cut the vegetables into small pieces, but leave them in one piece. So it can be removed easily before applying. Leave the vegetables on low heat for 20 minutes.
3. Now you can season the soup with instant broth. If you are using cubes, the following applies: For half a liter of water, there is one cube of broth. If in doubt, use a little broth and savor the soup over and over again. Let everything simmer for another 30 minutes over low heat.
4. In the meantime you can put the pasta water. Cook the noodles for 10 minutes, until cooked through.
5. Remove the chicken thighs from the soup and loosen the meat from the bone with a fork. Personally, I remove the peel because I do not like to eat it. Discard the skin and bones and return the meat to the soup. flip over.
6. Arrange some pasta on a soup plate and spread the soup over it with a ladle. Garnished with chopped parsley. If you like, you can also season the soup with a little Maggi. But I always dispense with it because I find the soup spicy enough.
by the way: Soup tastes better the next day!
Tip: Cook fast with a pressure cooker
Chicken soup is prepared quickly because you have a little work to do. Generally, it should simmer for about 1.5 hours. If it takes too long, we can recommend the use of a pressure cooker.
The pressure cooker increases the pressure. This means that the water in the pot only boils at a temperature of more than 100 ° C. This cooks the food in the pot faster. The combination of pressure, steam and heat also ensures that nutrients and flavor are preserved. This is why the taste of soup from a pressure cooker is more intense.
> Here you can buy high quality pressure cooker from Amazon*
Reading tip: 5 quick after-work soup recipes
note: Preparation in a pressure cooker is a little different because you can’t just lift the lid in between.
We recommend that you cook the chicken first with water (much faster than a regular pot) and then continue to use the pressure cooker without the lid, otherwise the vegetables will overcook. Be sure to follow the operating instructions and not to exceed the maximum filling level of the pot.
Serve fresh bread with soup
I like to eat a slice of buttered bread with chicken soup. Bread tastes better fresh than a baker’s when the crust is nice and crunchy and the bread is light and airy on the inside. If you want to invest more time in the kitchen, you can of course make the bread yourself. It tastes better.
I read hereHow do you bake a quick wholemeal bread that tastes like it tastes like a baker’s.
Do you like olive bread? Then take a look at our video recipe
News, tips, trends… We have many interesting topics for you!
I wish you a lot of fun cooking and a good appetite!