Minestrone is an Italian-style vegetable soup. Depending on the season, you can also make this classic minestrone recipe with your favorite vegetables and puree it however you like.
Minestrone means something like “thick soup” in Italian. why? Because it not only contains a lot of delicious veggies, but it also makes you feel full. This is traditionally ensured by Borlotti beans and Potato Depending on the region riceAnd the macaroni or roasted bread. You can also modify the minestrone recipe as you wish. Soup tastes especially good if you take it with you Homemade vegetable broth Prepared and refined with Mediterranean herbs.
Minestrone: the basic recipe
A few ingredients are enough for a basic minestrone recipe. you need this For 4 servings of minestrone:
- 1 onion
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable soupleekAnd the CarrotsAnd the celery)
- about 300g tomatoes (outside season You can some tablespoons Tomato paste use)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar if needed
- About 750 ml of vegetable broth
- 250gm cooked beans (borlotti beans are best, but white beans are delicious too)
- Salt and Pepper
advice: Use organic ingredients whenever possible. This way you avoid pesticides and don’t have to peel the carrots.
How to prepare minestrone in about 45 minutes:
- Peel and chop the onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Wash the shallots, trim them and cut them into rings.
- Wash the carrots and cut them into small cubes.
- Wash the celery, remove the woody and brown parts, and cut it into cubes as well.
- Wash the tomatoes, remove the stem and cut them into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil.
- Fry onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and vegetable soup and fry the vegetables for a few minutes – they should brown a little.
- If you like, sprinkle the vegetables with some sugar and let them caramelize for a while.
- Put the tomatoes in the saucepan and fry briefly.
- Pour the vegetable broth, put a lid on the saucepan and let the soup simmer for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add cooked beans to the soup. Season the soup with salt, pepper and some sugar if needed.
minestrone goes especially well Homemade ciabatta bread.
Various Delicious Tips for Minestrone
Since the basic recipe for minestrone is very simple, you can enrich it with other ingredients. Here are some ideas:
- Add by season other vegetables added. In the fall and winter for example Savoy In, early summer peas And in the summer zucchinifried Eggplant or Red pepper.
- with Mediterranean herbs Refined, soup tastes twice as good. You can add oregano, thyme, sage, or rosemary with vegetable broth – finer herbs like basil or parsley, on the other hand, not at the end. also bay leaf Some fennel seeds give off a spicy aroma.
- More filling It becomes soup if you add cooked pasta or rice at the end. Or you can cook sliced potatoes in minestrone.
- Especially delicious topping It is for minestrone Homemade pesto. This is how soup is served in Genoa, for example. Otherwise too Parmesan Popular topping – but you should only buy this with organic quality.
Read more on utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thank you for voting!