Chicken Soup Recipe: A classic soup that’s delicious that’s easy
By Allen Nesner
What could be nicer than sipping hot soup on a cold, cloudy day? Chicken soup is not only tasty, but also warms you from the inside and is simply useful.
Chicken soup is probably the most popular soup of all and is popular with many families. Recipes are passed on from generation to generation, as each person develops his own preferences over time – with or without pasta, with vegetable or other vegetable soup, with egg custard or special seasonings.
But chicken soup is not only convincing in terms of taste. It is also considered a simple anti-inflammatory home remedy for the common cold, although this is not scientifically proven. By the way, chicken soup can be not only as a main meal, but also ideal as a starter for a holiday menu.
with the the soup-Recipe from TAG24 Now you can easily cook the classic chicken soup that many people know from their childhood.
Classic chicken soup | the recipe
Preparing a chicken soup that warms you up from the inside is not that difficult and requires only a few kitchen accessories.
- cutting board
- sharp kitchen knife
- A great deal
- If necessary, another bowl or a large bowl
- cooking spoon
- maybe a sieve
chicken soup | Ingredients
The ingredients listed consist of four servings of chicken soup:
- 1 chicken soup (1.5 kg approx)
- 1 handful of vegetable soup (such as carrots, parsley, leeks, celery)
- 1 onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves
- salt pepper
- Additional insoles as needed (see ‘Tips’ below)
chicken soup | Step by step cooking instructions
1. a step: First, wash the chicken broth well inside and out, then dry it with kitchen paper. Cut the sebaceous gland on the tail (the so-called rump) with a sharp knife. This is to prevent a rancid taste.
2. a step: Put the chicken in a large saucepan and cover with enough water. Season with salt and pepper. We add bay leaves, cloves and onions along with the peel and bring everything to a boil. The onion peel should provide a stronger color.
3. a step: Simmer on medium heat for 90 minutes. Be sure to remove the foam with a spoon to keep the broth clear.
4. a step: In the meantime, green soup can be washed, peeled and cut into pieces about two centimeters long.
5. a step: After the cooking time is up, remove the chicken from the pot and place on a large plate. Remove onions and other solids from the broth. Alternatively, everything can be poured through a sieve into another container.
6. a step: The chicken soup meat should be removed from the bones while it is still warm, this will make it easier to peel. Remove the peel and cut the meat or pluck it into small pieces.
7. a step: Add the chopped vegetables and meat to the broth and simmer for another 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Before serving, some fresh parsley can be sprinkled over the chicken soup. If you like, you can also have a slice of bread with soup.
By following these tips, chicken soup will be perfect
advice #1 Chicken breast instead of chicken soup: In addition to chicken soup, other chicken parts such as feet, neck and bones can also be used to make chicken soup. Alternatively, chicken breasts can of course be used. However, this means that the taste of the soup cannot be as strong.
advice # 2 Side dish filling: If you want to make chicken soup more filling, you can add finely chopped potatoes or rice in the last step. The noodles and semolina dumplings are great too. And in order for them to remain in good condition, they should be cooked separately and only added to the soup shortly before serving.
advice # 3 vegetables: Everyone can also vary according to taste with regard to vegetables. It is up to you whether you use frozen or fresh seasonal produce. In addition to greens soup, you can also add peas, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, asparagus, mushrooms or beans.
This simple potato soup is so delicious: a quick recipe for the classic soup!
advice # 4 Ginger: Adding ginger gives chicken soup a slightly spicy flavor. In addition, the root releases its valuable and health-promoting components.
advice # 5 durability: Fresh soup will keep in the refrigerator for several days. But it can also be packed into convenient cartons and frozen so that you can take it out and enjoy it at any time.
TAG24 wishes you good health and a good appetite!
Cover Photo: 123rf / katyjay