Cauliflower soup sounds bland and boring? This simple recipe proves otherwise. You can make great cauliflower soup using a few seasonal ingredients.
subordinate cauliflower It is like a white cloth in the kitchen: due to its light taste, vegetables can be seasoned to taste, and therefore they are a great basis for a variety of dishes. In this recipe, cauliflower forms the basis of a soup that can also be served without it generous It becomes nice and creamy. One Note the walnut in particular We get soup by putting a portion of cauliflower in the oven with fennel Manal. Fennel brings a light anise aroma to the soup and gives it freshness. The roaster adds that little extra walnut kernels As the first rank.
Cauliflower soup: recipe with seasonal ingredients
This simple recipe contains several ingredients that are in season:
- cauliflower get it from From April to November From German outdoor farming.
- fennel has a season from September to November.
- The walnut season Also extends from September to November.
Cauliflower is in season nearly all year round. But if you want to make broccoli soup in the spring, fennel is in short supply right now. However, you can easily modify the recipe by substituting the ingredients with seasonal alternatives. In the spring, you can, for example, instead of fennel Parsnips and leeks or mushroom use. Roasted walnuts are also suitable as an addition in place of walnuts sunflower seeds.
If you shop and cook seasonally, you can save resources: Seasonal fruits and vegetables grow outdoors and don’t have to be grown in greenhouses using a lot of electricity and water, or stored in warehouses. More reasons why seasonal vegetables are better:
This broccoli soup recipe is more sustainable if you source the ingredients from organic farming. In organic farming many toxic Insecticides Banned, which may damage the floor or may be found as residue on food.
Cauliflower soup ingredients
For Roasted Cauliflower with Fennel Soup (4 to 6 servings) you need the following ingredients:
Step-by-step instructions for making cauliflower soup
- Heat the oven to 220°C.
- Wash the fennel onion and cut it in half, then remove the stem. Cut the fennel into thin slices. Save green fennel leaves for garnish.
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the green leaves. Cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Mix the fennel and half of the cauliflower with 1.5 teaspoons oil and some salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray (lined with parchment paper or greased with oil) or in a casserole dish and roast in the oven until the vegetables are golden. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a saucepan. Peel and chop onions and garlic. First put the onions in the pot and let it sweat for 5 minutes. Then add the garlic cloves and the dried thyme and toss together for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the other half of the cauliflower and vegetable broth, and season with salt and pepper. Let the broth boil, then reduce the heat to medium to high.
- Once you have finished roasting the fennel and broccoli, add them to the broth.
- Cover the soup and simmer over a low heat until the cauliflower is tender.
- Puree the soup with a hand mixer, season with salt and pepper and divide into deep plates.
- Garnish the dishes with chopped green fennel leaves and toasted walnuts (optional).
You can find more seasonal winter recipes here:
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thank you for voting!