Barley soup is healthy and quick to prepare. If you want to try soup, we have a recipe with step-by-step instructions for you here.
Barley Soup: You will need these ingredients
Barley soup is a creamy dish that was often eaten by the poor. This is because of pearl barley: it is made from barley (sometimes also wheat), which was considered inconsistent. Pearl barley is peeled and ground, which makes it easy to digest. It also contains little fat.
Barley soup is home cooking – the soup is usually prepared from beef. We’ll show you a vegan version instead. For four servings you need:
- 200 g pearl barley
- 2 to 3 islands
- 3 potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- big onion
- 1.5 liters vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- Salt and Pepper
advice: The vegetables you need for the soup can be obtained locally. For example, you could stop at a weekly market in your area. You will definitely find potatoes, carrots and onions there. Of course, if you have a garden, you can also grow vegetables yourself. This is how it’s done:
You have to put the rest of the ingredients in it organicPurchase quality. Organic produce is less polluting and more sustainable in farming.
Prepare Barley Soup: Here’s How
Preparing barley soup is not difficult. Plan about 45 minutes for this.
- First wash the pearl barley. Put it in a colander and run cold water over it. Then we pour them into a saucepan.
- Boil a liter of water and pour it over the pearl barley. Add a pinch of salt and let it simmer over low heat for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, you can clean the carrots and cut them into pieces. Peel the onion and garlic and chop both finely.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces as well.
- Heat oil in another saucepan and saute onions and garlic.
- Then add carrots and potatoes and fry for a short time.
- Sweeten vegetables with vegetable broth. Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for a quarter of an hour.
- As a final step, add the pearl barley and season the soup with salt and pepper. enjoy your meal!
Read more on Utopia.de:
** marked with ** or orange underlined Some links to supply sources are affiliate links: if you buy here, you actively support Utopia.de, because we then receive a small part of the proceeds from the sale. More information.
Did you like this post?
Thank you for voting!